Saturday, February 26, 2005

Well, like my friend Dating Dummy, who recently experienced very bad dating behavior on the part of a potential date, I DID TOO.

Not quite as bad, since his date was all planned, and she simply blew him off at the last minute.

My potential date called me on Wednesday night to ask me out for the weekend. Very nice, I thought, especially since last week he e-mailed me on Friday to ask me out for the weekend (three days after our blind date on Tuesday). Anyhoo, I'm a busy girl, as you can imagine, so I said sorry, weekend is busy, but I'd love to another time so give me a call and we can set something up.

Cool as you please. I wasn't about to get worked up over this boy, cute and smart as he was. I would let him pursue me, and if he didn't, fine. I've got a lot of books to read anyway!

So it was a pleasant surprise when he left that message Wednesday night, suggesting a possible outing for Friday night. But an unpleasant surprise, when, after I called and left him a message on Thursday, saying yes I'd love to go out Friday night - he did not return my call. Thursday. Friday. Saturday. On the off-off-chance he hadn't, um, heard his messages, I also shot him an e-mail yesterday morning asking what was up. No response.

Hello??? What is up with that? OK, if there was a death in the family or something, FINE. But gee whiz. Now I'm feeling rejected and it seems so unecessary. Why did he even call if he didn't want to go out with me in the first place?

Hmmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment