Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Can I just say, while we're on this topic, that I love sleeping alone! Bed - all to myself! Covers - all to myself! Reading - as long as I want! Noise - none, except for any I might make! Waking up - whenever I want!



In fact, when I finally find a man worthy of me, we are going to have separate bedrooms that we can retire to when we so choose, or perhaps even separate houses. A duplex might be the best answer. YOU THINK I'M KIDDING?



Anyway. I have lots of negative things to say about the male of the species right now, but why dwell on that? I am so fabulously successful and hot and stylish and witty and popular that I can afford to be generous right now to all the poor schlubs out there who call themselves "men."



So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to compile a list of everything that I - Seattle's most eligible bachelorette! - is looking for in a man, culled from all the best qualities that my various boyfriends* have had. Bonus points if you can guess which qualities belong to which boyfriends.



  • Cooks for me sometimes (or always)

  • Loves kissing and will do it for more than 30 seconds at a time

  • Loves to travel

  • Scales mountains,climbs rocks, rides bikes, skis, hikes, or at the very least will do one or all of these things when entreated by moi

  • Plays music

  • Reads books

  • Laughs at himself

  • Makes me laugh so hard I cry

  • Throws me up against a wall and/or hoists me onto the kitchen counter in the heat of passion

  • Does other things in the heat of passion that I can't talk about here

  • Doesn't freak out when I get "moody"

  • Is emotionally stable

  • Loves dogs and children

  • Showers affection on me sometimes (or always)

  • Tells me I'm beautiful sometimes (or always)

  • Takes their medications regularly



    OK, now is that so much to ask? DON'T ANSWER. This is my list - no snide comments please!



    (Though, as always, all other comments are welcome.)



    Interested applicants can apply within, along with three references from previous girlfriends and certificate of health from a psychiatrist.



    *Boyfriend=we dated for more than two hours





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment