Sunday, February 6, 2005

All right, damn it. Enough is enough. It's been three whole weeks since I've had a boyfriend. It's not right, I tell you! This fine, ripe body is wasting away like a piece of perfect fruit soon to be past its prime!



I want someone to cuddle with! I want someone to come home to after a nine-mile hike through the snow and a two-hour drive in the rain! I want someone to massage my shoulders and tell me what a great writer I am and how all this hard work is going to pay off! I want someone to wake up with sometimes. And, of course, I want someone to rock me all night long.



But it's another quiet night alone here in the Queen Anne homestead. Pure, clean, lonely silence. A big, empty bed. And another night of restless dreams ahead of me.



The first round of set-ups has started, however. Oh, BB - you gotta meet this guy. Oh BB, you gotta meet that guy! Meet my math professor! My coworker! My mother's cousin's gastroenterologist! And you know what I say to that?



Bring. It. On.



(And if one single person tells me how I need to "take time to myself" or "stop looking so hard," I swear to God I will personally have you hunted down and killed.)



Goodnight all.



Love,

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment