Tuesday, June 13, 2006

OK, so here's a tip. Not to bitch or anything, but when you're writing to congratulate me about my book it's best not to say something along the lines of "I hope you are SO THRILLED with your life right now."

I am thrilled I finally wrote a novel yes, and thrilled that my readers seem to love it, but HELLO OTHERWISE I AM A BASKET CASE.

Sheesh. So you might say something more along the lines of "Gee BB, congrats on the book and I know where you can get some great deal on Xanax and Vodka, cause guess what, we understand how hard it is to publish a novel start a brand new job where you have to get up early drive all night to Portland so you can be on TV for three minutes the next day" etc. etc.

So perhaps I'm whining just a tad. Excusez-moi.

But I always knew that the best time in my life would be *before* the book came out and not after. And it was good. Especially when I ran off to South America and put everything in perspective. Now that I'm back, everything is looming crazily big and out-of-whack like the mixed up pieces of a person in a Picasso painting.

And now, pardonnez moi, but I have to go work for a living, which is a shock after my years at Geeksoft. So that's it for today's little whinefest! I'm so glad to hear you're all enjoying my navel-gazing little novel.

xo
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment