Thursday, June 22, 2006

My friend J. just came up with an premise for my sequel: “Break ‘em up Babe,” in which Rachel goes around busting up every marriage and/or long-term relationship she can find only to get gunned down by a posse of vigilante wives and die a lonely death mourned by no one except, of course the sex-starved husbands whose lives she so greatly enriched for a short, enchanted time.

Jeez. I’m sounding like the glib Breakup Babe of yore. Yessir, that’s how you know I feel like shit – when I start pretending I am cool and in-charge and don’t give a flying f*ck about men. Ha.

I am certainly not cool and in-charge right now, especially when it comes to men. Why here are just a few things I’ve been doing.


  • Crying!

  • Deliberately going out of my way when leaving my condo in the morning to see the cute and flirty construction worker I have a crush on, only to become extremely nervous when I see him and not know what to say!

  • Hanging out with adorable and completely unreliable men from my past when I am at my most emotionally vulnerable!

  • Resisting adorable men who might actually be good for me because I am too busy doing all the above!



OH and now that it’s summer, please remember never EVER to ask me how my summer is going or I will have to kill you.


Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment