Thursday, June 1, 2006

Hello all,
My first week as a published author has thus far been stellar - thanks largely to those of you who have been writing to tell me how much you love the book. Also - much love to to Mr. Helpful and Odious Woman for giving me my first reviews on Amazon and five-star reviews at that! May you all follow suit!

Speaking of suits, I had to spend the entire advance for my novel on a new suit as I will be appearing on television both this week and next - ACK. Then of course I couldn't buy a new suit without buying new shoes, and I'm going to have to buy another shirt to go with the suit so I'm not wearing the exact same outfit NEXT time I go on TV, and...well, clearly the book will need to become a besteller merely for me to afford all the clothes I'm going to have to buy for my international west coast book tour!

For those of you in Seattle, you'll be able to see me at my bright and shiny best at 8:15 tomorrow morning on KING 5. Ha ha ha. I barely speak that early in the morning so it will be interesting to see what comes out of my mouth. If anything. At least I will look stylin' in my new outfit, please pray I don't spill coffee on the pink silk shirt first thing in the morning.

Otherwise I will have to take out a second mortgage on my home to purchase further shirts, not to mention having to appear on television topless.

xo
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment