Wednesday, July 7, 2004

It's been a while since I've had a workplace crush. Now, it of course makes work more exciting. But it also makes it more stressful!



For example, when you are having the worst hair day ever in the history of mankind. Or when you tragically decide, in a sunburnt, mosquito-bitten, I've-been-in-the-woods-for-three-days-and-wore-the-same-thing-every-day haze, you decide that wearing a brown shirt, white pants, and red shoes, and a blue poncho would actually be fashionable.



The aforementioned crush, however, the stunningly cute Charming Canadian (CC), doesn't even work in my building! (Close enough however, that one has cause to worry). In fact, he is out of the country most of the freaking time -- charming wealthy executives into buying more Company products, or visiting his family in the Godforsaken tundra to the north - which doesn't bode well for our future torrid love affair.



Anyway, I get ahead of myself. We haven't even gone on a date! Oh my Lord, nothing as scandalous as that. We've only exchanged e-mail, mostly, of course, because he's been out of the country. But he's back! For a couple hours, anyway.



My intention, however, for that couple hours that he graces this star-spangled country is to hang out with him WITHOUT talking about [work-related item]. I have in, fact, already suggested this, so we'll see what he says! If he turns me down, I'm sure he'll find a way to do it tactfully and politely - being Canadian and all!



Meanwhile, I hope I have a better hair day tomorrow.



And that's more than enough from this fluffy little corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment