Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Sharpen Those Quills



OK, Breakup Babies, here's your chance to shine.



I got a blow-off e-mail yesterday from, oh man, I can't even remember his acronym since we only went out once. Oh yes - Stud Athlete Software Boy (SASB)!



Anyway, SASB has ignored me since our one "date," a month ago, so I pretty much got the picture. BB is no dummy. But then, apparently, guilt overcame him so he sent me an e-mail which went on and on about how he'd been sick ("this morning woke up with my right eye gobbered shut"), travelling, skiing, etc. - and concluded thus:



"Looking ahead, I am not sure about having any time to get together in the near future, as much as I would like to. I think I have taken on a bit more than I can handle all ready and don’t want to spread myself much thinner."



He forgot to mention that he's been dating up a storm with other women, both from the online and offline worlds. (How do I know this? BB has her sources.)



So, do your part for humanity and help me come up with a clever, cutting, and oh-so-cool response that conveys just how lame it is to:




  1. Write such a note one month after the fact

  2. Make up such transparent excuses, and

  3. How little I actually care




Now this is no easy task, but I'm sure you're up to it. The winner gets a coffee date with Breakup Babe (the latte is on me!) ! If you live too far away, well, how about a personal note from me and a featured link on my blog! I know these, prizes have you drooling with excitement. But contain yourselves and help me come up with a good response.



I'm counting on you.



Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment