Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Speaking of birthdays, today is Breakup Babe's third birthday. Happy birthday, BB!

Who knew when you were born, in A. & J.'s sweltering upstairs bedroom, where they so kindly let me stay during the Great Unpleasantness, that you would have such an impact on my life!

Who could have guessed that you would provide such catharsis? That you would help me find readers around the world? And last not but not least that you would help me get a book deal with a major publishing house? I am so proud of you!

You've even tried to find mommy a boyfriend, though in the end you drive them away. But we won't dwell on that right now.

In other news, a special thanks goes to photographer extroardinaire GalPal #2 (without whose bossiness this blog might never have started) for drinking champagne with me last night and soon-be-famous novelist Odious Woman, for informing me that the correct answer to that most inane of questions, "How's your summer going?," is "F*ck you!" Oh, and to mom for being the one person I can still have a weeping fit around being without being embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment