Monday, October 18, 2004

Emotional availability is such a funny thing, isn’t it? Sometimes those people who make themselves out to be the most “available” – who throw themselves into your arms with wild abandon – are the ones (Library Boy, for example), who, in the end, don’t really have what it takes.



If I had to choose, I’d rather take someone who commits slowly but surely. Not that this is easy for an impatient and passionate girl such as moi.



I suspected, when I looked into Library Boy’s googly eyes in that long-ago, red-hot month of July, that he was deluding himself when he gazed at me (drooling ever-so-slightly).That he was the victim of his own unrealistic infatuation, and that I, probably would be too. Because what girl can resist all that he offered me?



Well, things are different around here now that the leaves have turned and the air is crunchy and delicious like a Braeburn apple. The universe is smiling on me, if only momentarily.



For one, there is interest in my writing from two major publishing houses. Second, I put an successful offer on a fabulous condo that was accepted: a place of such style and light that it befits a soon-to-be-bestelling-if-still-not-that-rich author.



I walked into that place and I knew. Knew, without a doubt, that I was ready to start hemorrhaging money to live there. So here I go!



Third, well. I’m not quite ready to talk about that one yet. Let’s just say he’s got soft lips and sexy eyes and he is one of my best friends. So I see him with eyes that are loving but lucid, which means I have hope but not illusions.



And finally, I am wearing a feather-boa bedecked sweater that makes me look like Liza Minelli in her heyday, and yes, people, that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment