Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Yesterday I got an e-mail from SexyEx, proudly telling me about his new girlfriend and asking me about my status. "Every time I talk to you, you seem to be starting or ending a relationship," he said.



Well YEAH.



And I'm TAHHHHHRED of of it, people. And I fear that something is horribly WROOONNNGG with me, people. And I don't know what to DOOOO about it, people, short of "stop looking" which is the absolute most ridiculous - and common - "advice" that I recieve.



How many times have people said to you, "Oh, I always find someone when I'm not looking." And how many times do you want to slap them upside the head and tell them to shut the f--- up, because what kind of human being doesn't look for love? Losers.



Meanwhile, I have not heard from Hottie Hipster Boy (Or is it Hipster Hottie Boy?) since our date on Friday, but I'm hopeful that his sweet self will call.



I have thought more about the differences between HHB and the Cap'n, because when one is dating two people, what else can one do but compare? And I've realized that HHB, at 28, is a beacon of stability, with a long, steady job and long, steady relationships in his past.



The Cap'n, well. At 34, has neither of those on his resume. And though he claims now, that he is ready for a change; that he is ready to tame his restlessness and root himself in Seattle, I have serious doubts about his ability - and desire - for a serious r-e-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-h-i-p, never mind that he has started to say the most romantic things to me that have ever come from a boy's mouth.



But whatever. At least I have my Art. Breakup Babe the book is about to get sent out in proposal form in short order. And any month now I should be making my rock-and-roll keyboard debut wearing some fabulous outfit.



So really I'm so busy writing and practicing that I'm not looking! I don't have time to care!



(Now if only that were true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment