Sunday, March 14, 2004

OK, was I high on something last week or what?



As my wise friend AB pointed out, I am binge dating again, and it's just not healthy!



I went on three freakin' dates last week, and I'm telling you, people, I just don't have time for that nonsense. I have serious work to do before I can become a bestselling novelist/rock star and these alcohol-laden, late-night dates are getting in the way.



But really, it's all because I like The Cap'n so much and though things seem to be progressing well, I'm trying to protect myself from getting hurt. In other words, I'm engaged in some serious DefensiveDating(tm) right now.



Though I may get temporarily high on the bright lights, and the glamor, and the (fleeting) power I seem to hold over men, I'm tired of it all. Just plain old tired.



So what I want to know is this: when do I get to let my defenses down?

No comments:

Post a Comment