Wednesday, March 10, 2004

All right, all right, sorry for that delay. I've been gallavanting about in the mountains, and trying to charm the pants off The Captain.



Wait a minute. That didn't come out right.



Getting him to take his pants off is not the problem. I mean, is it a problem for ANY guy? Have you noticed that they just love to walk around with their pants off, preferably with some tacky t-shirt on top, sack o' goodies waving freely in the wind?



But I digress. No matter what you think, I am not obsessed with the male anatomy just because I have not HAD SEX IN ---



Never mind. It's not because The Cap'n hasn't tried. He's trying all right. But here's my plan - and tell me what you think - next time he asks if he can f*ck me, I'll say - "Sure -- once I see that ENGAGEMENT RING!!"



I don't see how this plan can fail, do you?



There is the slight issue of his committmentphobia, and the fact that he's - oh - never had a girlfriend, much less a fiancee, but my new M.O. is to be postive! Optimistic!



Plus, we had a fabulous 28-hour date this past weekend, during which The Cap could not seem to get enough of my charming company. And lest you think it is all about how he feels about me - I like the Cap because he is smart, funny, sarcastic as hell, and sweetly loving under that cynical exterior. Plus he likes to talk about books and travel around the world.



Now, the Jewish Ski God was hot - dark-haired, smoldering - in a way that appealed to me instinctively. My attraction to him was tres physical.



The Cap'n, with his rangy build and fair hair is not so much my type. Physically. But intellectually? It's the Cap'n who turns me on. And besides, he's one hell of a sexy salsa dancer.



So. The JSG is out. In my old age, I have learned (the hard way) that physical attraction does not a relationship make. Besides, Galpal #1 has ordered me to let him go because she finds his e-mails (which I forward to her on a regular basis) insufferably boring. To quote:



"If you don't dump him I'm likely to whack him over your sink someday so you're really doing us all a favor by ending this now."



So what choice do I have? It's a good thing he doesn't live here because just looking at him made me melt into a puddle on the floor.



Meanwhile, per my agreement with The Cap'n, I'm keeping my dating options open. Why, I have a date with a hot architect in San Francisco when I go down for my mother's birthday next month! Oh, and a date with a l'il hipster musician/rich computer programmer boy tomorrow.



But here it is - I'm holding out hope for me and the Cap. He's got issues, that's for sure. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have a good feeling about this one.



And you can quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment