Thursday, December 18, 2003

So, yesterday I indulged myself and bought a very cute alpaca hat. After all, I am wearing hats even more than usual now, due to my bad 80s haircut. (And no, Lotus, I haven't started wearing my retainer or leg warmers again - although I did have some hip purple sparkly ones back in the day!)



This hat was 40 bucks, which is way too expensive for a hat -- especially because I'll probably lose it. Not to mention, it's from Peru, which means that it would have cost me, oh, $5-$10 if I bought it in Peru - maybe even less!



But, after beating myself up over this purchase, I decided to look at it this way instead: A plane ticket to Peru would probably cost about $800. So really, I've actually saved myself at least $760 on this hat (and really, more, if you count all the the lodging and traveling costs I would have to pay in Peru!)



Now that's a pretty substantial savings, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment