Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hello Darlings.

For those of you that live in the following cities:

  • Chicago,
  • Vancouver
  • New York City
  • Washington DC
  • Los Angeles

    Do you have favorite independent bookstores that you think might be a good place for yours truly to come speak? (And thanks for the offers to let me come stay, you do know I’m going to take you up on them, don’t you? )

    In other news, I have no life anymore. My “social life” consists of drinking myself into a red wine stupor and watching movies on what was formerly the Little Red Couch O’ Love, then getting into bed at 10 p.m. so I can get up “early,” write, go to work all day, actually work, (sometimes write again after work), drink myself into red wine stupor, go to bed at 10 p.m. etc.

    Consequently I have written thousands of words written lately – thousands of horrible words – but that’s not what matters because they are all horrible when they first come out. The trick is sticking with it until they become less horrible.

    OK OK I guess I’m managing to fit in few things here and there – bike rides, backpacking trips, dinners in swank restaurants, television appearances, etc. etc. But it's not easy!

    Oh – speaking of appearances, take note! I have the following readings coming up:

    Thursday, August 24, 6:30 p.m.
    Reception & Booksigning (with mocktails!)
    Queen Anne Books
    1811 Queen Anne Avenue, North
    Seattle, WA

    Friday, September 8, 7:30 p.m.
    Village Books
    1200 11th Street
    Bellingham, WA

    For your further entertainment, check out this interview with me on Conversations with Famous Writers.

    OK I am sick of myself for now and I am sure you are too.

    xo
    BB
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment