Monday, March 14, 2005

Ode to a Half Cup of Coffee

My favorite time of day is halfway through my first cup of coffee. At this point in the day, I have usually been writing for half an hour, and as I hit that halfway mark in my coffee cup, I am also struck dumb by what a brilliant writer I am. Damn!

My mood is further improved, when, checking the weather forecast, glumly expecting more blinding sun - what do I see but clouds and showers for the next ten days! Of course, the forecast is probably wrong, and soon we'll see pasty Seattleites busting out the shorts and tank tops for more 80-degree March weather, but a girl can dream of some comforting clouds, can't she?

At this point, she also feels optimistic about a dashing, literate person she's been set up with, who's been writing her oh-so-well-written and funny e-mails, and who finally - finally! - got around to asking for her phone number. Because a girl can dream, can't she?

Ah, coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment