Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Now that I see Library Boy for what he was - just another confused, immature, and territorial male - I thank God he showed his true colors so quickly this time around.



I mean, who needs another Loser? Who needs another Indie Rock Dad? There is a subset of man out there who just flat-out lack integrity. Who say one thing and mean another; who say one thing one day, then another the next; or who just don't know what they're saying when they say "I love you." Who don't know themselves well enough to know if they mean it or not, all they know is they see a pretty thing and they want it. Today, at least. Tomorrow, well. That's another story.



I thought by now I'd be able to spot those kind of zygotes from a mile off, but some of them can act pretty darn well too. Hell, LB deserves an Oscar for his portrayal of Mr. Grounded. Step right up to the podium and accept your gold statuette for Best Oscar, LB, because you fooled even the cynical Breakup Babe - not once, but twice! But first -- see a stylist.



Anyway, what I meant to say when I started this little rant was, in fact, that I feel more relaxed than I have in quite some time. For near about three months now, I've been agonizing about my "choice." Not knowing which boy was better for me, stumbling, grabbing greedily because I wasn't used to such apparent plenty.



But it's all over now. The LB bubble burst so quickly you could barely see it shimmer, and thank God. It was all mistake. But I made it, and there's nothing I can do about it now. Except take a deep breath and enjoy the momentary quiet in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment