Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dearest readers,



I have some good news for you. I do not want to brag. I do not want to gloat. I do not want to prance around the rainy streets of Seattle, exulting because after years of hard work and frustration and discouragement and rejection and perserverance:



I SOLD MY BOOK. TO RANDOM HOUSE.



Look at me - I am so calm. Sitting here in my windowless office telling you that I SOLD MY BOOK.



Thank you mom, dad, Li'l Sis! Thank you all you noncommital boys - you know who you are! Thank you Geeksoft for letting me come in at noon! And thank yooooouuu you-know-who for begetting The Great Unpleasantness and the ascendancy of Breakup Babe. I never knew how well I could write until I got my heart smashed into a zillion pieces, thenn stepped on, and ground into dust (then again, you always did believe in me when I didn't believe in myself).



No! I'm not gloating! Really.



Oh, and you, readers, thank YOU for tirelessly reading, commenting, and making me feel kick-ass about myself (except when you were insulting me). This book is going to be a lot about you, and you better believe that! And most of all, I'd like to my fabulous agent, and of course, Random House!



More details to come.



xo,

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment