Friday, November 14, 2003

All right. This is it. I am in looove.



Do you know how long it is since I’ve been in love? THREE DAYS.



That’s right. It’s been three long days since I looked into the velvety brown eyes of Shy Barista Boy, and thought, this is it. I am in looove.



This, however, is much more serious. I am talking, of course, about the Backcountry Ski God.



I went to coffee today with BSG expecting someone arrogant. Someone “cool.” Someone with serious attitude. But instead I found a shy, modest, adorable - I mean adorable - boy.



The problem with shy, modest boys is that they get a little nervous on blind dates arranged by gregarious extroverts like myself, causing gregarious extroverts (who are just a little bit nervous themselves, and who are wearing their tighest shirt and their shortest skirt) to start talking 1000 miles per hour about this, that, everything, to put shy, modest boys at ease.



He did seemed charmed by me, at moments, if I do say so myself. And, unlike SBB, he actually has a real career (no offense to baristas, really, you are the rock stars of the food service world), and is, of course, a known outdoor god.



So, even if he does like me, Ms. Steamroller (doubtful), he’ll be too shy to ask me out, I know it. This is going to be one of those massive unrequited crushes that's good for taking your mind off war, world hunger, work, past relationships, and boys who might actually like you -- but not much else.



He did say he might go see the Reluctants play on Friday night though.



Maybe I'll just send him a gentle reminder that I hope to see him there because I LOVE him?

No comments:

Post a Comment