Monday, September 29, 2003

Thank God the weather is colder today. Gray. Threatening. That's the way it's supposed to be around here. It's almost October, for crying out loud! The leaves are turning red and gold and it's been 80-f*cking degrees.



It's not right, I tell you.



The people of Seattle are, however, eating this sh*t up. They're outside for one more dose of sunshine, and one more, before winter closes in on them and turns them back into the larval creatures they're meant to be.



Me, I've still got my tan. I've got my Mt. Rainier muscles and my biking legs and I'm looking pretty kick-ass. Not to mention new 100-dollar highlights, and an ever-increasing collection of post-breakup, sex-kitten clothes.



But inside, I feel broken. When it's so damn sunny outside, the world can see how broken I feel. I can see how broken I feel.



In the immortal words of the Everly Brothers, I'll do my crying in the rain.



So bring it on, baby. Let it rain. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment