Thursday, January 4, 2007

Ho hum. Another year. This one ushered in with a whimper. I mean, I was at a party with my mom's friends and they were getting jiggy well into the wee hours while all I wanted to do was go to bed at 10 p.m. *prison-hard* bed in the *freezing cold* room that my mother reserves for honored guest such as me. I drank too much, got morose, woke up depressed, then flew back to Seattle (in a storm naturally), although what the point was, really, since I've dated every damn guy in this town?

It's time for me to move somewhere. Somewhere my so-called "soulmate" is. Bend, Oregon? The isle of Corsica? The Vacaville Correctional Facility?

Most likely he is already MARRIED.

But who cares? Not me. I'm over the whole boyfriend thing, really. I wouldn't even really knew what one was anymore if it mounted me and -- oh, never mind. Do you know how long it's been since I've been in love? A GAZILLION YEARS. Since 2000-fucking-03, and oh, was that a nightmare (except for those brief moments that it was a dream).

So, you see, I am over the Love thing. Tres. Over. It. I just want someone to finance my next novel and my world travels. If he were a good kisser, that would be OK.

But anyway, I'd like to bid a fond farewell to 2006. It was the year in which I published my first book and went on a book tour.

I dated a lot of cute (if pain-in-the-ass) boys and had a lot of good s*x.

I went to Patagonia and saw some of the most amazing scenery in the world. With a stranger from the Internet, no less, with whom I formed a fast friendship as we tented together in the rain and the wind, among the glaciers.

And those are just a few of the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment