Friday, February 24, 2006



Breakup Babe Is On Vacation from February 25 to March 27

So!

I’m departing for Patagonia tomorrow. I am due to arrive at my destination, El Calafate, Argentina, sometime Sunday evening in a Xanax-drenched, sleep-deprived haze.

The last couple weeks have been a frenzy of packing shopping running errands freaking out getting drunk calming down working freaking out again.

Should I arrive safely, which is always a dubious proposition, I will embark on a ten-day trek and then some possible mountaineering adventures, if my innate wussiness does not overcome me.

Though I crave such adventures and seem to need them on a semi-regular basis, leaving is always so painful. I resist. I hold on. I have to be torn away, my fingernails leaving marks as I’m lifted off the ground away from everyone I love and the places I know, and my routines – which however boring they’ve gotten, are at least comforting.

But I know if I don’t go, I’ll droop and wilt. I’m already doing it. It’s been too long since I’ve pushed myself into unknown territory.

So here I go.

I may post from there; I may not.

Should I perish, my book will at least be published so you have that to look forward to. Perhaps Li’l Sis would be willing to sign autographs in my place.

For now, farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment