Friday, January 27, 2006

Well the latest news bulletin is that publication of my book got pushed back a month. It will now be available May 30 instead of April 25. But don't despair! This just means you'll have something to read on the beach, 'cause let's face it, "Breakup Babe" is going to be the beach read of 2006!

And damn it, I'm proud of that. Which is not to say my little oeuvre is complete fluff. No, it is not. It is just smart enough that you might not want to imbibe too many margaritas while reading it but not so heavy that anyone is going to be writing a PhD thesis on it anytime soon. (Although you never know about that kind of thing. I wrote many a paper in grad school on more unlikely things; the preponderance of evil twins in soap operas, for example, or the sociological implications of vibrating dildos).

Meanwhile, the broken-hearted letters are pouring in. Most of them follow the lines of: Love HURTS how can I make in not HURT and the answer, of course, is you CAN'T so SUCK IT UP SISTER/BROTHER, but of course I'll try to answer more articulately - and kindly - than that.

xo
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment