Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Finally! I will have my rock star debut here in November! Now I must decide to wear. It is a very important decision since I must choose a sexy outfit that will distract from my lack of skill! I could take Mister Hand's suggestion in the last round of comments to "get naked" but, even so, I couldn't exactly start out that way or that takes all the guesswork out of it. Audience members need to be kept in suspense. "Will the keyboard player strip or won't she?!"

In other news, me and my little book are trying to end our codependent relationship. We are quite sick of each other yet can't seem to part. After all, we've been together for more than two years now! We still get up and go to the coffee shop every morning together. We eat dinner together at nice restaurants when there's no one else to eat with, laptop in front of me on the table. We are still the best of friends. But the passion is gone.

It's just so hard to let go! It's been my reason for living for the last three years! Writing this book has seen me through myraid breakups and Scary Medical tests; bouts with despair, euphoria, uncertainty, fear. But I'm going to have to let go, sooner rather than later, and tell me - THEN what will I do with my life (besides work, play music, climb mountains, chase boys, and travel around the world?) I have no f*cking clue. Write some more, I know. But WHAT?

In other other news, I've recently engaged in some rather stellar kissing activity after a little dry spell. Oh. My. Gosh. I love kissing. I think it officially rates #2 on my list of all-time favorite activities, with reading being #1, of course. (Not that I would choose a good book over a delicious kiss, it's just that reading has no deleterious effects while kissing usually leads to trouble.)

Perhaps if the corporate drone/bestelling author/famous rock start gigs don't pan out, I can set up my own kissing booth. Or - even better - a kissing and bookselling booth - you buy my book and I'll give you a kiss. Buy more than one and I'll make out with you. Man, what a deal.

As it is, Dating Dummy has already earned one since Empire Corporation appears to be the winner of that little contest we had a couple weeks ago! Hey DD, when ya comin' to Seattle?

No comments:

Post a Comment